Saturday, May 15, 2010

Little Green Tree

A few weeks ago Shelley at House of Smiths, posted a tutorial on how to make a hanging flower ball

I loved the flower balls she made so I started going thru my stuff looking for supplies to make one.

I had lots of crepe paper and found a styrofoam tree…..no balls.  So this is what I came up with. 

A flower tree.

 The crepe paper is vintage that I found at a thrift store.  I think at one time it got wet and the color faded or ran so its kinda tye dyed.  It was perfect for my tree.

DSC03308 

So I had this tree.  Now I needed a stand to put it on.  I thought out of all the junk knick knacks I have there has to be something I can put this tree on.  

 Then I saw the perfect thing. 

One of those things you buy, but you don't know what you are going to do with.  But its cool and cheep ~ dollar store cheep.  In fact so cool that you buy 2. 

The top of this whatever it is has a point which was perfect.  I poked the point with some hot glue on it up into the tree and wala……a tree with a stand. 

DSC03329

So this is the little green flower tree.

DSC03304

It took  * f o r e v e r *  to make all those roses

DSC03307

But I really like how it turned out.

Thanks Shelley for your tutorial.  Go check it out….I think they would make a really cute gift to give someone special.

Robin

 

 

 

7 comments:

  1. How pretty! I saw your lovely pillows just now on Etsy! Love them! Thinkin of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I'm not sure I have the patience to do all those roses :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks AWESOME! It's beautifully done! Nice work.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! This is beautiful.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is gorgeous Robin. You must think I am a loon for my email asking about your blog since I already follow you. Told you I have been out of the loop.
    Pam@Frippery

    ReplyDelete
  6. A tree is such a fun twist on the project! And the trunk is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You talented and clever girl! What a great project!
    Have a great week.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete

I love comments.......