Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Fun & Frilly

The other day one of my co-workers wore this

 to die for

* cute scarf *

that she just bought on vacation in Arizona.  

Yeah in Arizona.

~ SO ~

I printed out my 40% off coupon and

hit the fabric store.

This is what I came up with.

DSC03691

DSC03693

The lace pieces on the end are the ones

I just bought in LA…….yeah the

50 cents

a piece ones.

DSC03697

I didn't hem the ruffle and it is

really

fraying a lot….but I kinda like the way it looks

all frayed. 

DSC03695

I can hardly wait to wear it to work tomorrow.

I have the perfect

T-shirt and little sweater to wear it with.

DSC03703

  I Just LOVE it!!!

I'm going to go back

and

get the black fabric I liked

and make another one.

(I'm proud to say I did stay on task and buy only enough to make one ~ usually I but enough to make 10 and only make one……anyone else out there like that?)

Robin

9 comments:

  1. Oh Robin, your scarf is just beautiful. You should sell these, they are sooooo beautiful. Have a great week. Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the prettiest scarves I have ever seen. And yes, I would buy it in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love it!! Great Job! I picked a couple lacey fabric scarves last fall, and then I made a couple too. I just love wearing them. So feminine.
    Nancy
    www.coeurdalenegifts.com
    coeurdalenegifts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! And isn't it great that you buy something just because you know you have to have it and it is gonna be used someday.
    And it always does!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scarf is wild-cool! I can totally see you wearing it. About the fabric purchasing.....um...if you ever make it out east I will take you into the closet of my sewing room studio. I have a SERIOUS problem with collecting fabrics :) and have a hard time passing any up!

    Hugs,

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok. THIS
    is gorgeous.
    i want one.
    love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful and fun!!!!
    I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Robin, this is really amazing and so gorgeous. I love all the pretty colors.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is stunning!!! PS I have the fairy painting below your header hanging next to my desk at home. Kindred spirits. Pam

    ReplyDelete

I love comments.......